isolinux cksum error

abuji aboojy at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 14:42:25 UTC 2005

Hi,

Was trying to recreate the CD1 after adding a customized rpm and also
modifying the comps.xml, so that we can use that CD to build new
systems.

But as we try to boot off the CD, it hangs with following error.
       isolinux image checksum error, sorry
       Boot failed: press a key to retry.

Followed the instructions "How to create CD" and used the mkisofs command as

mkisofs -o file.iso -b isolinux/isolinux.bin -c boot.cat -no-emul-boot \
-boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table -R -J -v -T ./

The images, isolinux and RPMS dir were copied over from original CD to
the current dir before modifying the comps.xml and adding the
customized rpm. The hdlist was also recreated.

The installer is comparing the cksum with md5sum of original iso in RH
distribution. Can we redo the md5sum and add that info to the iso
image before/with mkisofs? Or is there other options.

Thanks.

abuji