Trash

brad.mugleston at comcast.net brad.mugleston at comcast.net
Sun Dec 18 04:37:29 UTC 2005

On Sat, 17 Dec 2005, Mark Knecht wrote:

> On 12/17/05, brad.mugleston at comcast.net <brad.mugleston at comcast.net> wrote:
> > I've spend a few hours copying and deleting pictures off of my
> > hard drive to CD's.  I still have no more space than when I
> > started.  Last time this happened I found everything in a trash
> > file but the only trash file I can find is empty.
> >
> > Suggestions?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Brad Mugleston, KI0OT
> >

> Use df to see what partition is full. You can use du -h in different
> directories to get to where it's being used.
>
> If you can find the app filelight for your version, or you want to
> build it from source, you can get a nice piture of where things are
> being used.
>
> Hope this helps,
> Mark

Thanks - problem is it's one large directory on one large drive
(160G drive, one directory /photos).  With two daughters using
high resolution digital cameras it fills up fast.

This drive is just a linux file server, nothing fancy loaded on
it - no graphical window program.  Can I use firelight on my
desktop to view the server?

Brad