problem with telnet

stuart stuart at sjsears.com
Sat Feb 5 20:05:32 UTC 2005

On Saturday 05 February 2005 17:20, Bill Brunt wrote:
> I also did this redhat-config-services and nothing happened...something
> must have because it didn't come back with command not found
Hi Bill.
Please do us all a favour and bottom-post... :-)
anyway, on one of the linux boxes that you're not managing to contact,
run (as root)
chkconfig --list | grep telnet
chkconfig --list xinetd
netstat -tlpn | grep 23
and post the results, please
it sounds like the telnet daemon is not being started...
there are several factors which could cause this, so let's look at them all.

Stuart
--
Stuart Sears RHCE, RHCX, RTFM, ASAP, :-)
The only problem with being a man of leisure is that you can never stop