IA64 Install Problem

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Thu Feb 10 20:14:05 UTC 2005

Smith, Albert wrote:
> [...]

You have to do a "make modules_install" first, then the "make install".

If "make install" still fails, you can manually do it.  Essentially,
you'll copy the "arch/ia64/boot/vmlinuz" file to /boot and rename it
as /boot/vmlinuz-kernelversion" (replace "kernelversion" with the
version number of the NEW kernel.  If you need an initrd, you need to
cd to /boot and do a

	make -f -v initrd-kernelversion.img kernelversion

Then edit your boot configuration file and let it know about the new
kernel.  That's essentially what happens with "make install".
-     Better to understand a little than to misunderstand a lot.     -