Upgrading Kernel in RHAS 2.4

Tech Guy tek_guy at rediffmail.com
Wed Feb 23 19:06:37 UTC 2005

Hello,

I am running RedHat Linux Advanced server "2.4.9-e.3enterprise" and I want to upgrade the kernel to "2.4.9-e.49". I have not done this before and I cannot afford donwtime for more than 30 minits. I want to prepare myself before I start to upgrade the kernel.
I appreciate if anyone can help me with this by giving the detailed steps. Also I have downloaded " kernel-2.4.9-e.49.src.rpm" . Do I need any other patches along with this?

let me know if you need any information.

Thanks in Advance
TG