Installing Open Office messed up Mozilla's fonts

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 02:26:39 UTC 2005

On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 18:20:04 -0800, Rick Stevens
<rstevens at vitalstream.com> wrote:
> Mark Knecht wrote:
> > Hi,
> >    The font used to be quite readable. Now It's finer and sort of tall
> > and skinny, and unfortunately much harder to read. Not sure if they
> > got smaller also, but I think possibly they did.
> >
> >    I've looked at the preferences page but changes there don't seem to
> > be effecting this.
> >
> >    Any ideas? (FC2 BTW)
>
> Uh, hmmmm.  Under "Appearance->Fonts", is the "Display resolution" set
> to "System setting" or something else?

Yes, tried those. No real change. The fonts remain sort of tall and skinny.

I have a feeling that Open Office may have installed some new fonts,
or changed what the system things the default font set is. Strange
that it doesn't effect my Gnome desktop or anything else I've used so
far. (Adminttely not too much yet...)

> > P.S. - Rick - the XMas present was well received. Thanks. There are
> > some issues to clean up still I'll post tomorrow possibly. - Mark
>
> Good deal.

Boy the machine needs more memory though. Going to buy that for him
this week I suppose.