advanced server 3.0

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Wed Jan 5 18:03:17 UTC 2005

Gerard McNeill wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering where would be the best place to obtain information on
> this product, i have no prior linux experience but i need to get up to
> speed asap on this product. I have checked the www.redhat.com site but
> that only seems to have docs on the enterprise product from where i can
> see.

AS3 is one of the variants of Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL).  The URL
for information is:

	http://www.redhat.com/software/rhel/as/

There are really 2 variants of the server product, ES3 and AS3.  The
primary differences are:

	ES3:	maximumm of 8GB RAM and two processors
	AS3:	maximum of 64GB RAM and 16 processors

There are two more variants of RHEL, WS3 (workstation 3) and desktop.
WS3 is essentially ES3 without a number of the server software packages.
Desktop is WS3 limited to a single processor (no SMP configuration) and
4GB of RAM.

> Information on installation, configuration and linux system
> administration would be ideal.

All of the RHEL manuals are applicable to all four variants of RHEL.
Online versions of the manuals are available at:

	http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/

Hope that all helps.
-  Time: Nature's way of keeping everything from happening at once.  -