2.6.10-1.737_FC3smp kernel source?

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 01:11:10 UTC 2005

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 19:00:07 -0600, Otto Haliburton
<ottohaliburton at comcast.net> wrote:

> [...]

Otto,
   The address was close and I found the kernel. However I don't like
the results of the next step:

[root at dragonfly mark]# whoami
root
[root at dragonfly mark]# pwd
/home/mark
[root at dragonfly mark]# ls
Desktop
kernel-2.6.10-1.737_FC3.src.rpm
[root at dragonfly mark]# rpm -ivh kernel-2.6.10-1.737_FC3.src.rpm
error: cannot create %sourcedir /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES
[root at dragonfly mark]#

Why can't rpm create the source directories?

Thanks,
Mark