sound issues

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Mon Jan 17 21:30:34 UTC 2005

Broz wrote:
> I lost the sound since updatind to 2.6.10-1.9_FC2.i686
> kernel. I checked the alsa mixer and everything is all
> the way up and no mute is checked.
> Can anyone help me out here?

There seems to be an issue with any 2.6.10 kernel and sound, depending
on which sound card you have.  If you check the archives for the
fedora-list (https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/), you should
see several threads involving that.

One fix was to switch some special input from digital to analog mode (or
vice versa), but I can't recall which card that was for.
-                      LOOK OUT!!! BEHIND YOU!!!                     -