Kill the Mailman?

David.Mackintosh at xdroop.com David.Mackintosh at xdroop.com
Fri Jan 21 19:03:37 UTC 2005

On Fri, Jan 21, 2005 at 09:22:21AM -0800, Rick Stevens wrote:

> Just to satisfy my own curiosity...if you're not running mailing lists,
> why did you install mailman in the first place?

I've found it much simpler to install everything, even when doing a
kickstart, and then have the kickstart remove the handful of
"undesirable" packages after the fact then waste time constantly
tweaking the list of installed packages when some developer wants
something.

It makes the default answer to any questions "if it isn't there it
didn't come with the OS."

A better question would be why does mailman do "things" even when
there are no lists to do it to?

--
 /\oo/\
/ /()\ \ David Mackintosh | Public Key: