Kill the Mailman?

Harold Hallikainen harold at hallikainen.com
Fri Jan 21 20:13:49 UTC 2005

> If you don't want to delete mailman but just stop it from running, check
> for files related to it by doing an "ls /etc/cron*" (those are system
> crontabs run by anacron).  Odds are you'll find a script.  Just delete
> it.
>
> Just to satisfy my own curiosity...if you're not running mailing lists,
> why did you install mailman in the first place?

Running ls /etc/cron* I get:

[root at kauko etc]# ls cron*
crontab

cron.d:
sysstat

cron.daily:
00-logwatch  0anacron         logrotate        rpm
slrnpull-expire    tetex.cron  tripwire-check
00webalizer  inn-cron-expire  makewhatis.cron  slocate.cron
squirrelmail.cron  tmpwatch

cron.hourly:
diskcheck  inn-cron-nntpsend  inn-cron-rnews

cron.monthly:
0anacron

cron.weekly:
0anacron  makewhatis.cron

I don't see anything that would obviously would run mailman. Any idea
where it might be?

As to why mailman is there, I chose "install everything" when I did the
initial install. As I discover I need something, chances are it's already
there.

THANKS!

Harold

--