Starting ADSL connexion automatically

Bob McClure Jr robertmcclure at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 22 17:28:53 UTC 2005

On Sat, Jan 22, 2005 at 05:17:41PM +0000, othman El Moulat wrote:
> Thanks bob for the very helpfull description;
>
> >Then you can start it up as your mere-mortal self using:
>
> >  sudo /usr/local/sbin/connectme
>
> >Now, you can put that line in whatever script is involved with your
> >logging in, possibly ~/.bash_profile, or your window manager startup
> >script.
>
> the most appropriate way for me to start this command is to put it in the
> window manager start-up script; but i don't know where to find it?
> can you help?
> many thanks Bob!

If you are using runlevel 5, the GUI login, your local hook is
~/.Xclients and ~/.Xclients-default.  The former usually calls the
latter.  My .Xclients reads:

#!/bin/bash

# Created by Red Hat Desktop Switcher

if [ -e "$HOME/.Xclients-$HOSTNAME$DISPLAY" ]; then
    exec $HOME/.Xclients-$HOSTNAME$DISPLAY
else
    exec $HOME/.Xclients-default
fi

I think I would put in near the top of that file, after the
#!/bin/bash line.

Cheers,
robertmcclure at earthlink.net  http://www.bobcatos.com
Wise men still seek Him.