modprobe, pcmcia, set key in one script

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Mon Jan 31 17:42:01 UTC 2005

Tapas Ranjan wrote:
> Hi :
> 	I was trying to bring up wireless network for a Dell inspiron
> 700m. I succeeded, but each time after boot, I have to type these 3 things
> being a "su".
>
>  	%] /sbin/modprobe -a yenta_socket
> 	%] /sbin/service pcmcia restart
> 	%] /sbin/iwconfig eth1 key 2002ae1212 open
>
> 	Any help, how to make things start automatically during boot up.
> I have one more question too. I will post that in another thread.

Use "chkconfig --levels 2345 pcmcia on" to enable PCMCIA services.
The startup script for pcmcia loads yenta_socket for you.

As far as iwconfig, do the first two items you have above (or use
"/etc/rc.d/init.d/pcmcia start"), then use "redhat-config-network" (RH)
or "system-config-network" (fedora) to configure eth1 or wlan0.  Once
that's set up, it should work automatically.
-     Is that a buffer overflow or are you just happy to see me?     -