Spell Check

brad.mugleston at comcast.net brad.mugleston at comcast.net
Sat Jul 16 04:18:22 UTC 2005

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005, Rick Stevens wrote:

> brad.mugleston at comcast.net wrote:
> > I upgraded my version of Pine to 4.62 and now my spell check
> > doesn't work.  I get a message that says "/usr/bin/spell" (or
> > aspell when I change it to that).  Any help out there?
>
> That's all it says?  What a useful error message!  :-/  Did you verify
> that you have spell or aspell installed (btw, spell is a shell script
> that runs aspell with certain options and sorts the output).

Sorry about that it says

	Spell-Checking file "/usr/bin/spell" not found

The I was wrong about when I put the speller in as
"/usr/bin/aspell"  It says

Alternate speller terminated abnormally (1)

I did some checking and "/usr/bin/spell" is not on my computer

Also, in Pine if you leave the alternate speller line blank it
calls the "/usr/bin/spell" program.

Thanks

Brad