stability of RHEL ES 4 (was: RE: trouble installing/running the Domain Name Service Configuration Tool)

Sam Folk-Williams sam.folkwilliams at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 20:50:10 UTC 2005

This could be any number of things, do you do anything to the system
in terms of installing particular applications or loading any kernel
modules before you start seeing the panics? If you are just running a
default installation there should be no stability issues with the OS
itself. What is your hardware? It might be that there is some piece of
incompatible hardware in your system or even a bad disk or
something... Can you list your system components if its a custom
machine or your brand/model?

Sam Folk-Williams
RHCT, Linux+
http://predisposition.com/stuff