From: redhat-install-list-bounces redhat com [mailto:redhat-install-list-bounces redhat com] On Behalf Of Cindy H. Wang
Sent: Tuesday, July 26, 2005 4:01 PM
To: Getting started with Red Hat Linux
Subject: Re: console issue

--- karlp ourldsfamily com wrote:

Hi all,

I am having issues with my serial console. The

system

is a Rackable running Phoenix BIOS.  Console
redirection is set in the BIOS settings.   All
required elements are also configured in

grub.conf.

When system powered on, I can see the POST and all

the

way until grub menu. After I selected the kernel

wish to boot, nothing shows up on the console, not even a login prompt. Can there be any incompatibilities between the

BIOS and the

OS.
Because if I moved the hard disk to another

Rackable

not using Phoenix BIOS, serial console works fine.

Does anyone has any other ideas?

You didn't mention if the non-Phoenix BIOS system(s) have a BIOS setting to redirect the console. If not, then I would recommend turning that feature off in the Phoenix BIOS as well, then see...

Karl

Karl,

Thank you very much for the reply. The non-Phoenix BIOS have BIOS setting to redirect the console and we have tried both to turn on and off the feature in
Phoenix BIOS. Unfortunately, that does seen to help
at all.

Thanks.
Cindy

Thanks in advance.