cloning a boot partition

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 18:11:00 UTC 2005

Hi,
   What tools do people find most simple/fast/fool-proof for cloning a
drive, and expecially cloning a boot partition? I've got a small
system with an 8GB drive but only about 2.5GB on the system. There is
a boot partition, swap and root. I'd like to clone this drive three
times to larger 80GB drives.

   I can boot the system with a LiveCD or the FC2 CD in resuce mode
which should make the existing drive just storage and copyable. It
would be perfect if the clone did NOT use the additional drive space
since I'd like to make this a new partition on the new machines.

Thanks,
Mark