Need help to install RHL 6.2

Bob McClure Jr robertmcclure at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 23 14:44:30 UTC 2005

On Thu, Jun 23, 2005 at 01:55:28PM -0000, srinivas  m wrote:
> Hi All,
> As i need to work on libc 6.1, downloaded following ISO Images of Redhat Linux 6.2 fron Redhat ftp site.
>
> - redhat-6.2-doc.iso
> - redhat-6.2-i386.iso
> - redhat-6.2-srpms.iso
>
> Now, how should i procedd further to install RHL 6.2.
> I am confused about burning the CD's.
> Will an ISO image boot the system?

If you burn it to the CD as an image and not a file, yes.  See

http://www.rhil.net/docs/faq.html#making_cds

> Which are the first, Second and third cd's in the above listed ISO images.

Only one CD is required to install the system, and that is
redhat-6.2-i386.iso.  The other two contain the documentation (you may
want it), and the source RPMs (rarely needed).

> Thanks
> Ceenu

Cheers,
robertmcclure at earthlink.net  http://www.bobcatos.com