accessing windows file in fedora core 3 Linux

Kostas Sfakiotakis kostassf at cha.forthnet.gr
Mon Jun 27 20:26:44 UTC 2005

Greetings Mohit

Aggrawal, Mohit wrote:
> Hello
>       I have installed fedora core 3 Linux on my machine which already
> has windows XP previously installed ....i was to access the windows file
> in linux ....can any body help me in doing that ????the file system in
> XP is NTFS ...!!

This question has been answered multiple times in the past and the
answer remains still the same for Fedora Core 3 .
The Fedora Core releases as it was with Redhat releases come with
a kernel that doesn't support the NTFS Filesystem ( as it is )  .
So the answer to your question is that you will have to recompile the
kernel that you use and this time compile the NTFS READ ONLY module
with it .

>   Thanks in advance
>       Mohit

Kind Regards,