Volari-XP Display Driver (was RPM install file conflict)

John Morfit (VA/NQL) john.morfit at ericsson.com
Tue Mar 29 21:19:30 UTC 2005

Rick,
You've provided some ideas (not sure if I can implement them or not), for which I'm thankful.

Yes, the VESA 800x600 driver was auto-installed and provides weird, very hard to read colors. It also implemented 29 lines of display area in SH while only showing 25 lines. Very hard to use!

I squinted really hard, and edited anaconda-ks.cfg to provide VESA generic with 1024x768 resolution and 24 bit color depth. I also selected the Trident CyberbladeXP driver in the Applications>System Settings>Display>Hardware>Video Card. Then I logged out. Startx failed, so I delected xorg.conf and restored the backup.

Now with startx, I get proper colors! Go figure. And SH has 25 lines displayed & implemented (I can use Emacs properly!).

Thanks,
/John