error 2 reading header: cpio: Bad magic

Gibson, Danny danny.gibson at cingular.com
Tue Mar 1 02:19:33 UTC 2005

Yes, when I view the CD in my Windows box the following is displayed.  The
files definitively appear to be there.  I can browse the CD into each
sub-directory.  This box will load Win98, NT4.0, XP and Mandrake 8.2 with no
problem.  I would think if there was a hardware problem the other OS's
shouldn't install.  Do you think it is possible that the iso image itself
may have an issue?

D:\>dir /s
 Volume in drive D is Red Hat Linux_i3
 Volume Serial Number is 5DA7-B491