Linux to Linux

brad.mugleston at comcast.net brad.mugleston at comcast.net
Sat Mar 5 22:05:06 UTC 2005

What am I doing wrong?  I seem to have no problem networking from
Windows to Windows or Windows to Linux or Linux to Windows but
for some reason I can get my Linux to Linux network talking to
each other.

I need some instructions - simple if possible.  It seems that
people have gone to great lengths to simply describe or simplify
the Windows connection (using SAMBA) but when I start looking at
Linux to Linux connections it's all in tech talk which is over my
head.

I will do it command line (as long as its permanent) or using
WebMin or something else if needed.  I need to know how to
configure things or what ever I need to do.

I want to share drives and printers.

I'm running RH9.0 on one machine and RH FC2 on the other (this
one is also a notebook with a wireless network adapter).  Like I
said I can share drives and printers with my windows machines but
these two don't want to play nice and share.

Thanks,

--
Brad Mugleston, KI0OT

There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those that
understand binary and those that don't.