procmailrc question

Bob McClure Jr robertmcclure at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 10 23:49:53 UTC 2005

On Thu, Mar 10, 2005 at 03:41:27PM -0800, Waldher, Travis R wrote:
> Ok.. good question here.
>
> If I don't want an /etc/.procmailrc, and I have users that have an
> invalid $HOME path on the sendmail server, how can I support .procmailrc
> files for those users as procmail only appears to look at
> $HOME/.procmailrc.

Not true.  Procmail looks at /etc/procmailrc (not /etc/.procmailrc)
and then at $HOME/.procmailrc.  Note also that the latter must be
owned by the user and be writable only by that user (644 perms).

I'm curious.  What users have an invalid $HOME, and why?

> Thanks.

Cheers,
robertmcclure at earthlink.net  http://www.bobcatos.com
Worry is a waste of the imagination.