Redhat-install-sound video cd playback problem

vijay nair rvijaynair2000 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 13 15:20:09 UTC 2005

Hello friends

Recently I installed red hat linux. I am facing a problem.

No sound card detected. So (no sound/no video) –on cd play is there. says nautilus  is not capable of this utility. My   mother board details are given below.

Please guide me in this regards including procedures after installing the operating system.

Processor
Support for an Intel® Pentium® 4 processor in a mPGA478 socket with a 400/533/800 MHz system bus
Hyper-Threading Technology Support
Support for an Intel® Celeron® processor in a mPGA478 socket with a 400 MHz system bus
Memory
Four 184-pin DDR SDRAM DIMM sockets
Support for DDR 400, DDR 333, and DDR 266
Support for up to 4 GB of system memory
Chipset:
Intel® 865G Chipset
I/O Control:
SMSC LPC47M172 LPC Bus I/O controller
Audio:
SoundMAX 4 XL with AudioESP audio subsystem using the Analog Devices AD1985 codec
Video:
Intel® Extreme Graphics 2 controller
Universal 0.8/1.5 V AGP 3.0 connector supporting 1x, 4x, and 8x AGP cards or an AGP Digital Display (ADD) card
Integrated retention mechanism
Peripheral Interfaces:
Eight USB 2.0 ports
One serial port
One parallel port
Two Serial ATA IDE interfaces
Two Parallel ATA IDE interfaces with UDMA 33, ATA-66/100 support
One diskette drive interface
PS/2* keyboard and mouse ports
Expansion Capabilities:
Six PCI bus add-in card connectors (SMBus routed to PCI bus connector 2)

rvijaynair2000 at yahoo.com