R: R: I need Help RedHat-Windows XP

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Mon May 2 20:46:42 UTC 2005

Roberto wrote:
> Hi All,
> 	I finally solve the problems with WinXp.
> It was caused by Symantec partition magic and what I needed to do was only
> to add the line makeactive in the Grub boot for WinXp!!

Ah.  Forgot that one.

> Now everything run good.
> But I have a couple of other problems with RHEL:
> It doesn't see the internal modem of my pc, neither the usb isdn modem! So I
> am not able to access to the internet. How can make it see them?

The vast majority of those modems are Winmodems.  You'll have to find a
driver for them.  Do a google search with the model of the modems you
have and add " +linux" to the end.  See if there's a driver out there.

> The other problem is with the cd-dvd-drive. It seems that some cds are not
> readable but the problem is that I'm sure that these cds work because I can
> open them with WinXP, and they are the redHat installation discs!!!

How do you mean "not readable"?  Do they mount?

-         "If you can't fix it...duct tape it!"  - Tim Allen         -