Media check fails on disk3 RHEL-4

Kim johansen lotto.kim at gmail.com
Mon May 23 18:24:21 UTC 2005

On 5/23/05, Rick Stevens <rstevens at vitalstream.com> wrote:
> Kim johansen wrote:
> > When i run a media test on disk3 for RHEL-4 i got FAIL all the time.
> >
> > filename: RHEL4-i386-AS-disc3.iso
> > md5sum: ff57b0f2c1323ca093f86f214c08a070
> >
> > The md5 checksum is okey.
>
> Okay, the .iso _file_'s checksum is fine.  How about the MD5 checksum
> on the burned CD?  Put the CD in the drive and use:
>
>         md5sum /dev/cdrom
>
> You should get the same checksum as you get from the .iso file.
>
> NOTE:  Use the raw DEVICE name "/dev/cdrom" for this.  DO NOT use the
> mounted volume "/media/cdrom".

When i running md5sum at /dev/cdrom/cdrom0 i dont get any results. Its
just standing and running and running.

So i mouting up the iso to /mnt/cdrom with /dev/loop0.

/home/kim/RHEL4-i386-AS-disc3.iso on /mnt/cdrom type iso9660
(rw,loop=/dev/loop0)

Then running md5sum on /dev/loop0.

[root at lotta kim]# md5sum /dev/loop0
ff57b0f2c1323ca093f86f214c08a070  /dev/loop0

as you can see, md5 is the same.

> > but:
> >
> > [kim at lotta cdrom]# cat .discinfo
> > 1105116601.310480
> > Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4
> > i386
> > 3
> > RedHat/base
> > RedHat/RPMS
> > RedHat/pixmaps
> >
> > [kim at lotta RedHat]# ls
> > RPMS  TRANS.TBL
> >
> > why cant i find the base and pixmaps folder in the RedHat folder?
>
> My guess is that the CD you burned is bad.  Do the checksum above to
> find out.

I cant find this files if i mount the image or mouting up the burned cd.

So, somthing else need to be wrong.

--
Kim Johansen