New to Linux - Purchased the Course - Now confused!

Snider, Andy Andy.Snider at b-and-q.co.uk
Wed May 25 11:17:45 UTC 2005

Hello,

	We are currently migrating to Linux and have purchased about $3000 dollars worth of courses.

	a) My first 'Linux Essentials:The Basics' Course Introduction states I require SSH? to access the lab

	b) Under the heading Where can I get the SSH program? ,  It then suggests that SSH client is available for windows 98/NT/95

		(No Windows 2000 for users waiting to migrate to Linux? )

		 followed by the comment

		'Freely available on the Internet, you may have to do some digging' ?????

	c) I have looked for the referenced 'Resouces page' I have searched for the RedHats own SSH download
	(surely they must have one if their courses rely on it?) and have, so far, found neither.

	My initial questions are

	1) Is SSH shareware? Do RedHat rely on 'Download.com' etc to facilitate their courses?

	2) Where is the web page supplying a RedHat offical support email address (can't find that either!)

	I am sure Linux is the way forward, but my first impression of RedHats Web site / Elearning,  is pure frustration.

		Andy

B&Q plc
Registered Office: Portswood House, 1 Hampshire Corporate Park,
Chandlers Ford, Eastleigh, Hampshire, SO53 3YX

Buy Online NOW at http://www.diy.com

Registered in England Number 973387

This e-mail is only intended for the person(s) to whom it is addressed and
may contain confidential information. Unless stated to the contrary,
any opinions or comments are personal to the writer and do not represent
the official view of the company. If you have received this e-mail in
error, please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this
message from your system. Please do not copy it or use it for any
purposes, or disclose its contents to any other person. Thank you for
your co-operation.