Building drivers on EL4.0 - What happened to kernel-source?

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Fri May 27 21:17:36 UTC 2005

Waldher, Travis R wrote:

> [...]

Ta, DAH!  Yup, so do I.  Well, now you know the fine art of getting
2.6 kernel sources installed.  I partially quote from the Fedora Core 3
release notes (which was also present in FC2 and since RHEL4 is based
on FC2, these also seem to apply to RHEL4):

"In order to eliminate the redundancy inherent in providing a separate
package for the kernel source code when that source code already exists
in the kernel's .src.rpm file, Fedora Core 3 no longer includes the
kernel-source package. Users that require access to the kernel sources
can find them in the kernel .src.rpm file."
-      "Microsoft is a cross between The Borg and the Ferengi.       -
-  Unfortunately they use Borg to do their marketing and Ferengi to  -
-               do their programming."  -- Simon Slavin              -