EL 4.0 and how it does Networking now.

Waldher, Travis R Travis.R.Waldher at boeing.com
Tue May 31 19:07:27 UTC 2005

Except now that below is no longer a feature that can be used.  I need
to know that the problems I had 2 years ago(?) with interfaces
arbitrarily being loaded with the wrong drivers is fixed.

(Back then you gave me the "below" information.)

> > 3) The bonding driver.  Apparently, someone decided that no one
would
> > ever want to use more than 1 interface.  So they changed it to only
> > support one.  When you attempt to bring up the second bonding
interface,
> > you get this:
> >
> > 	"bonding1 device bond1 does not seem to be present, delaying
> > initialization."
> >
> > There is an entry in
> > /usr/src/kernels/2.6.9-5.EL-smp-i686/include/linux/if_bonding.h that
> > controls this.
>
> Yeah, I see that.  Odd.

Better yet, I looked at an EL 3.0 system, the if_bonding.h file includes
the same entries.  It appears I may have focused on the wrong problem
(the header file) or something else has been modified and that setting
now has relevance.

So far Redhat's answer is... either a mis-configuration on my end, which
is possible, but IMO doubtfull.  Unless features changed and weren't
documented otherwise it's a bug in the module.  "recompiling it should
not be an option".