JDBC Drivers

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Tue Nov 15 00:25:07 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-11-14 at 11:48 -0600, Esquivel, Vicente wrote:
>  Hello all,
>
> I am new to the list.
>
> I have a server that will be running apache, tomcat, and jdk 1.4, the
> application requires JDBC drivers to connect to an MSSQL 2000 database.
> I know I know management decision to go with MSSQL and not Oracle on
> Linux, anyhow can anyone give me some good suggestions on what JDBC
> drivers would be best to use?  We are looking to get some good quality
> drivers since this will be a very important production server, we
> welcome suggestions to both open sourced or commercially available
> drivers.

FreeTDS is the primary one in the open source arena:

	http://www.freetds.org/

Another is UnixODBC at http://www.unixodbc.com/.  For Java, look at jTDS
at http://jtds.sourceforge.net/

-         If this is the first day of the rest of my life...         -
-                        I'm in BIG trouble!                         -