Installing Linux /Storage area network

Smith, Albert Albert.Smith at genexservices.com
Mon Nov 21 20:21:32 UTC 2005

Your raid config should be left to your SAN admin. Because some arrays
will do a raid 5 however the throughput is sometimes less then desirable
especially if you are running a database with high read/write activity.
With a raid 5 I would do either a 4+1 or a 8+1 this will divide into
your default stripe set nicely and balance your data across the
spindles.