Strange CD problems

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 04:03:47 UTC 2005

On 10/6/05, brad.mugleston at comcast.net <brad.mugleston at comcast.net> wrote:
> OK, I don't know whats going on but a few days ago my computer
> started to try writing to my CD writer.  Nothing is in the CD
> writer and I've rebooted a few times (even with shut downs).
>
> I first noticed it when I was printing from a different computer
> to the printer hooked up on my Linux machine.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Brad Mugleston, KI0OT

Possibly CD drive or the EIDE controlelr is possibly going bad. I had
a nice Dell server at my old job. We used it for email, etc. The CD
would get in a strange state. A reboot wouldn't always clear it. A
power cycle would, for a couple of days  until it would start up
again.

I power cycled that machien for 8 months until we finally shut the
company down. ;-)

Cheers,
Mark