Wireless Connection Help

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Mon Oct 10 18:08:05 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-10-09 at 22:08 -0600, brad.mugleston at comcast.net wrote:
> I purchased a Linksys notebook adapter for my Dell Latitude which
> is running FC2.  This adaptor is model WPC11 ver. 4.  Doing some
> searching on the web it looks like like it should work but all of
> the information I can find is old (RH9) or for other flavors of
> Linux.
>
> Has anyone gotten this combination (FC2 & WPC11 v4) to work?  If
> so can you help me?

Which chipset does it have, Brad?  "lspci" should reveal it.  If it's
a TI or Broadcom chipset, you'll need to use ndiswrapper and the
Winblows driver from the CD/floppy that came with it.  ndiswrapper is
at http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net.

-      Do you know how to save five drowning lawyers?  No?  GOOD!    -