multiple install images on single CD

Darren Birkett darren.birkett at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 10:03:06 UTC 2005

I regularly have to install many different versions of RHEL (3, updates 1-6,
4 GA and update 1, on many different architectures - ia64, ppc, i386,
x86_64). I currently do these installs via nfs, but need to have many
different CD1s handy for the different version/update/arch combos. Is it
possible to create a single CD that would have a menu where I could select
which one I wanted, meaning I would only need a single CD.
If I am doing nfs installs, I would only need the kernel and initrd wouldn't
I. Or is it more complicated? I would be happy if I could have a single CD
per arch, as I think having multiple arches on a single CD might be a little
to complicated.

Thanks
Darren