Starting on bootup

Aubrey Barnard aubreys_key at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 3 23:31:46 UTC 2005

I think what you mean is for the machine to automatically log a user into
an interactive session (like you can do for Windows). In that case, the
timed login is the way to go. Keep in mind the security risk this poses.

The GRUB password is only for restricting access to modifying the boot
commands/entries, and therefore won't prevent a machine from booting.
Normally, GRUB automatically boots the default entry after a 10-second
delay. I expect your situation to be similar. Therefore, you shouldn't
have to worry about a GRUB password preventing the machine from booting.

Aubrey Barnard