Dell Guru in the house?

Andrew Kelly akelly at corisweb.org
Mon Apr 3 07:31:21 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-03-29 at 15:49 +0100, Stuart Sears wrote:

> Andrew Kelly wrote:
> > Hi all,
>
> > 2. I'm only being offered a resolution of 800x600 even though the 15.4
> > inch UltraSharp WSXGA+ is capable of (1680x1050).
> > Anybody know how to get FC5 to use all this capability?
> usually this is due to the system-config-display tool not recognising
> your monitor properly. On my dell d800 I had to reconfigure this as well.
>
> so, run 'system-config-display'
> you should see 'unknown monitor'
> click on the hardware tab, configure your monitor.
> you can find a suitable model under
> Generic LCD -> LCD Panel 1680x1050

[insert Homer Simpson sound here]

Stuart,
thank you very much. I was occupied with half a dozen other, unrelated
problems when I wrote this. Sorry I didn't have a chance to write the
list and slap myself in the face before you went though the effort of
answering.

Yes, it was the wrong monitor, and yes, I'm embarrassed for having gone
completely mental for half an hour.
.. one of those forest<=>trees things

Andy