iptables how to close mysql port 3306

Ted Potter tpotter at techmarin.com
Mon Apr 3 19:28:42 UTC 2006

Greetings,

have a machine with kernel  2.4.21-27.0.2.EL

can someone please provide the command line for using iptables to close off
port 3306 so remote
mysql user can not attach to the mysqlserver running on this box.

To make it fun, no I can not install anything. No there is not gui.
Everthing I do must be from
the command line on the box. Bout the only blessing is I can ssh in to the
box as root.

Thanks for any who care to play and share.

PS

I tried the following:

iptables -A INPUT -p tcp -d 3306 -j REJECT

then I see

iptables --list
REJECT tcp -- anywhere 0.0.12.234 reject-wthi icmp-port-unreachable

and I can still log on to the server remotely.

Thanks again.
(because it is Monday after 4-1 and the joker decided to wait!)

--
Ted Potter
tpotter at techmarin.com