more on bogged down server

Waldher, Travis R Travis.R.Waldher at boeing.com
Fri Apr 14 18:05:19 UTC 2006

Start searching the forums at gallery.menalto.com.  Gallery2 has
performance issues handling auto-generating thumbnails IIRC.  I run
Gallery2 on my website and it's performance is BAD if I don't go in and
tell it to generate the thumbnails.  I imagine the CPU on my host
providers computer was/is throttling up when I let thumbnails
auto-generate, since I don't have command line access I can't confirm.
Either way, it was a recognized problem.

Gallery 2.1 promises performance increases.  You may want to try an
upgrade.