Fedora Core 5 Dual Head

karlp at ourldsfamily.com karlp at ourldsfamily.com
Mon Apr 24 22:47:57 UTC 2006

On Mon, April 24, 2006 12:36 pm, Rick Stevens said:
> On Sun, 2006-04-23 at 12:59 -0600, karlp at ourldsfamily.com wrote:
>> When I turn on Dual Head for X.org, it looks like the second monitor has a
>> bad horizontal sync setting. With FC4, it worked out of the box, first
>> try.
>> I've edited xorg.conf to no avail as system-config-display messes things
>> up
>> rather than making it easier. On FC4, I could probe the monitor and it
>> would
>> come back correctly. No such option here, or am I running the wrong app?
>
> Which video card are you using, Karl?  If it's nVidia, did you install
> a new binary driver and if so, try using their config tool.

ATI. It worked flawlessly on FC4. . .

>> One very annoying little side affect is that the bottom panel is now in
>> the
>> middle of the screen and one I added to the side is about 1/3rd of the way
>> off the right edge. I can't get those to behave either...
>
> That's definitely either a vsync issue or a resolution issue.

Solved that. Middle mouse button, drag to edge of screen, let go of mouse
button. Duh.

> To be honest, I'm just now getting a machine up to run FC5 (haven't had
> the time until now), so I'll be in a better position to answer FC5
> issues later.

karl
     _/  _/      _/      _/_/_/       ____________   __o
    _/ _/       _/      _/    _/     ____________  _-\<._
   _/_/        _/      _/_/_/                     (_)/ (_)
  _/ _/       _/      _/           ......................
 _/   _/ arl _/_/_/  _/ earson    KarlP at ourldsfamily.com
---
Senior Consulting Sys/DB Analyst
http://consulting.ourldsfamily.com
---
 My Thoughts on Terrorism In America right after 9/11/2001:
 http://www.ourldsfamily.com/wtc.shtml
---
 A right is not what someone gives you; it's what no one can take from you.
 -Ramsey Clark
---