Mail boxes and LDAP

Esquivel, Vicente Esquivelv at uhd.edu
Sat Aug 12 16:17:46 UTC 2006

Hello all,

I have had sendmail running on my RHEL 3 server for sometime now but we
are very soon going to start pointing all of our servers to our LDAP
server to do authentication.

All user account information will now be on the LDAP server and not on
the local passwd and shadow files.  I am wondering how I could continue
to receive email on the local system for all the new users that will be
only created in LDAP?

I have tested the LDAP authentication and I have tested the IMAP login;
it all works I can login cause PAM takes care of that but I am wondering
if that would be the case for any incoming emails for users that are now
hosted on the LDAP server?

What will happen is that mail will be sent for our users after the
account has been created on LDAP, but I need to have my sendmail server
accept that email for this user and create a mailbox on the local
system.  I do NOT want their emails to get bounced.

If anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks
Vince