SendMail Help

brad.mugleston at comcast.net brad.mugleston at comcast.net
Tue Aug 15 23:50:22 UTC 2006

Karl,

Nice to hear from you.

The problem I think I have with your solution is I haven't
figured out how to send email through my mail server - all mail
has to go direct from the sending machine.

My setup.  Cable line to Modem to Linksys switch (Cable and
Wireless) then to various machines around the house including a
second switch in the basement to handle additional computers.
One computer is a Linux (FC4) machine that is a file server to
all machines on the network and also runs Fetchmail.  This
machine has been given access to the internet 24/7.  All other
machines only get internet access from 4:30 pm to 9:30 pm when my
wife or I am usually home.

The way it works is fine.  The FC4 machine gets email about every
30 minutes from all the mail websites.

My problem is I couldn't figure out how to get sendmail to round
through my home network to the FC4 machine then out to the web so
I need to somehow get the sendmail port (25 I believe) open so I
can send emails out anytime.

Thanks,

Brad Mugleston, KI0OT

There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those that
understand binary and those that don't.