Problem with Suspend in FC5

Harold Hallikainen harold at hallikainen.com
Wed Aug 16 14:45:48 UTC 2006

> I have a problem with my laptop. If I close the lid with AC power
> removed the machine goes into some kind of suspension mode and I can't
> pull it out without doing a hard power down. Any ideas how to fix this?
> I'm using FC5 on an HP ZD7000 laptop. Thanks!
> Jim

I have a similar problem with mh HP zv something or another on FC5. FC4
seemed to work ok. I think what's happening on mine is the display chip is
being told to shut down the display, but when it comes back up, it doesn't
initialize it correctly. It puts big blocks of color on the screen.
Otherwise, it's working well. I did have to use ndiswrapper to get the
Broadcom wifi working. I could not get the included wifi driver working.
With FC4 I had to get an ATI driver for the screen, but FC5 seems to work
well with the included code (maybe that's the problem?).

Harold

--
FCC Rules Updated Daily at http://www.hallikainen.com - Advertising
opportunities available!