Severe Server Problems (FC4) Follow-up

karlp at ourldsfamily.com karlp at ourldsfamily.com
Thu Aug 17 04:47:26 UTC 2006

The [apparent] final issue also deals with email and Thunderbird/Outlook (evil
program, by the way. if you don't beleive me, read the config file for
dovecot).

They can't pickup email at all (one subnet) and on the subnet where they can
pick email up, they can't send without getting a password prompt, which never
works.

During my time setting things up, I setup sendmail.pem (public key) and it
seems to work fine with Squirrelmail and pine, whether from the server via SSH
or from workstations.

Any pointers as to where to start looking would be nice. Frankly, I'm burned
out from this project. I do this all day at work, then all night at home. (No,
Rick, I want no sympathy from you. You have your own issues and I don't want
to be one of them, unlike my children...)

--
karl
     _/  _/      _/      _/_/_/       ____________   __o
 _/   _/ arl _/_/_/  _/ earson    KarlP at ourldsfamily.com
---
Senior Consulting Sys/DB Analyst
http://consulting.ourldsfamily.com
---
 My Thoughts on Terrorism In America right after 9/11/2001:
 http://www.ourldsfamily.com/wtc.shtml
---
 The world is a dangerous place to live... not because of
 the people who are evil, but because of the people who
 don't do anything about it.
 - Albert Einstein
---