HDIO_SET_DMA failed: Operation not permitted

Biswajit Nayak bwnayak at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 3 06:55:28 UTC 2006

Rick,
 Please find the motherboard and hard disk info that
you have requested.
ATI RS482 chipset
hda: WDC WD1600BB-22GUC0, ATA DISK drive
micro atx motherboard
http://www.emachines.com/support/product_support.html?cat=Desktops&subcat=T-Series&model=T6414

Please let me know if i can enable dma on this machine

Thanks
BN