LInux on sdb

Kostas Sfakiotakis kostassf at cha.forthnet.gr
Sat Feb 25 23:04:06 UTC 2006

Greetings mac,

mac wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can we install linux / ,/home,/boot on sdb ??we installed linux as3 on a
> dell poweredge system and boot was on sdb7 ..when we reboot ,the OS does
> not boot !!

There is no problem whereever you put linux .
For example my Fedora Core 4 installation is on /dev/hdb ( Primary Slave )
but my boot loader  ( grub ) is on the MBR of  /dev/hda ( Primary Master
) or
if you prefer my boot loader is on the MBR of the disk that boots the
computer .

So if you don't mind me asking , which is your boot drive ?

> Any pointers would be appreciated
>
> regards

Kind Regards,
   Kostas