Install RHEL 4 into IBM x346

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Sun Feb 26 02:06:50 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-02-25 at 09:05 +0700, Milis wrote:
> Dear Rick,
>
> is that coz the HostRaid of IBM x346 Board doesn't have ECC Memory
> to implement this? while I buy from IBM Vendor they not including ECC
> Memory for this HostRaid.
> or any solution to fix this problem?

ECC memory would have very little to do with the RAID itself.  The
ECC would only affect the writeback cache (if you use it).  Without
that memory, you'd need to use writethrough cache.

Are you certain that the two drives are really and truly set up in a
hardware RAID1 on the controller?  When you create the RAID group, the
controller should take a while to build the RAID1 pair.

-           Fear is finding a ".vbs" script in your Inbox            -