Korn Shell for redhat linux 9 (corrected --its a little late ...or early ; )

J. Refugio Rodriguez j.refugio.rodriguez at metztli-it.com
Tue Feb 28 10:22:00 UTC 2006

"J. Refugio Rodriguez" <j.refugio.rodriguez at metztli-it.com> wrote: --- John Dunn  wrote:

> Is it possible to run the Korn Shell (ksh)? rather
> than bash. I cannot find
> ksh in my redhat 9 installation.

You can make a soft link to the zsh --which
purportedly provides some extensions to ksh's
functionality:

ln -s  /bin/zsh /bin/ksh

 Hence the above is correct and not the previous assertion of the symbolic link...

Then simply invoke and customize your new "ksh"

I came across the problem when installing IBM
middleware. Needless to say the above incantation
saved the day.

On the other hand, the Penguin will allow you freedom
of choice.  Download the RPM for the public domain
korn shell (pdksh) and install and customize to your
pleasure.  I believe Slackware continues including it.

Jose R. Rodriguez
http://www.metztli-it.com