run commands remotely?

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Fri Jan 13 01:08:33 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-01-12 at 17:02 -0800, mike wrote:
> sorry, i meant from C/C++ code...

Oh.  Yeah, that's involved.  There's a bunch of ways to approach it.
For example, you could create an RPC service to do it or you could
get an ssh client library and use it to connect to the Linux box's ssh
daemon and send it commands.  The problem is figuring out which is best
for what you want to do.

As far as coding it...well, that's a bit beyond the scope of a mailing
list!