Fedora Install/Upgrade from RedHat 8.0

I am a Windows Admin looking to learn more about linux so any help would be appreciated.

I have an older laptop that I setup a couple of years ago with Redhat 8.0 with kernel 2.4.18.  The problem that I have is that it does not have an internal CDROM drive or floppy or BIOS that supports USB booting.  I have downloaded the FEDORA 5 Test 2 DVD and was wondering if there is a way to run the install/upgrade on an existing red hat install to upgrade to the latest Fedora.  In Windows you can kick off the installer ontop of the existing Windows install.  Is there an equiviant option for Fedora??

Thanks in advance.

Patrick