'Weather Report' applet fails to show the radar map

Graeme Nichols gnichols at tpg.com.au
Sun Jul 2 03:01:16 UTC 2006

Hello,

I have had the 'Weather Report' applet on my task bar for years now but
I have never been able to get it to display the radar map. The 'Help'
details how to get a radar map from other than http://weather.com but I
want the radar map for Sydney, Australia. The url for that radar map is
http://mirror.bom.gov.au/products/IDR033.shtml. Entering that url in a
browser correctly brings up the radar map but it doesn't work in the
'Weather Report' applet.

Has anyone got the radar map to work on their system. BTW, before you
ask, the radar map I want is freely available :-) and the url I want is
actually shown in the applet help so I am a bit non-plussed.

Kind regards,

Graeme.
Download my GnuPG public key from:-
http://www.users.tpg.com.au/gnichols/graemenichols.pub